hristmas Storybook Land is a non-profit corporation, not affiliated with any church, civic, or social organization. Our mission is to provide people of all ages something to enjoy during the Christmas season that is FREE and non-commercial while partnering with other local nonprofit/charitable organizations to benefit the community. Christmas Storybook Land is a year-around project which survives with the help of hundreds of regional volunteers and business and private sponsors. You might be interested in Volunteering, Fundraising, or becoming a Sponsor.
Visitors experience an enormous indoor Christmas forest wonderland with over 110 scenes of characters from Mother Goose rhymes, children’s fairy tales and family movies, two elaborate model train displays, a Victorian Village and the North Pole with Santa TOO! Although admission is free, a donation of canned foods for Fish of Albany food pantry or a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots is gladly accepted.
Results for 2017, Our 41st Year Presentation!
- We had 40,208 visitors during the 2-week presentation
- 27,431 food items were collected for Fish of Albany food pantry
- Several barrels of toys collected for Marine Toys for Tots
- 480 hardworking volunteers participated
- 130 business/private sponsors donated materials, services, or funds
- 100 people sponsored a scene by donating $100 each
- Our thank-You Dinner & Winter Gathering in January honored special volunteers recommended by the board with plaques and certificates.
View the photos from the Winter Gathering here!
- Our guests were treated to TWO visits from Star War characters from Cloud City Garrison (of the 501st Legion) and Kashyyyk Base, with the help of Concordia Clan of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club and Astromech R2 Builders Club. This marks their second appearance at this incredible family event..
View the photos from our Star Wars 2017 Experience here!
- Christmas Storybook Land teamed up with Toys for Tots, the community service program run by the U.S Marine Corps Reserve, and was a toy collection site for Linn County kids for the second year.