Greeter Photo Gallery
What do Greeters Do?
Being a greeter is a fun and a worthwhile way to celebrate the Christmas season each year! A minimum of 13 greeters are needed for each shift at Storybook Land, and there are 31 shifts, so you are likely to find a time that works for you. Shifts are not long, lasting 2-3 hours. As a Greeter, you can:
- Welcome and keep count of visitors at the entrance
- Accept non-perishable food items for Fish which are distributed to needy families in the local area
- Greet and assist visitors throughout the display to monitor the scenes
- Operate the Grinch
- Ensure the safety of visitors including finding the location of rest rooms and fire exits, reporting of any injury, and although hopefully never needed, the operation of a fire extinguisher
Each shift is managed by a head greeter who is a board member who will train and work with greeters.
It is important for all Greeters to be familiar with the following:
- Volunteer Guidelines
- View the Fire extinguisher training video:
Important notice about minor volunteers!
Sign up your business to be a greeter group!
Having employees volunteer as a Greeter Group is a great way to build teams while volunteering for the local community.
Contact the Greeter Coordinator to pick a date and shift time for your crew. Then each person who participates in your group registers as a volunteer and signs up for the group’s assigned date and shift.