Take Down Days
When: Mid-December Saturday & Sunday (see calendar)
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Many hands are needed to carefully dismantle the Storybook Land scenes, pack them in cardboard bins, and load them into the ten semi-trailers for storage until next year. All Christmas lights are taken down, trees are removed, and the venue swept clean.
Work begins at 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on both days. Come for whatever time you can and bring your friends! At noon workers are treated to a free lunch.
Youth from high schools, middle schools, scouts, and other youth organizations are encouraged to participate. A volunteer work validation form is available so youth may receive community service hours for their effort.
As the Cascade Pavilion isn’t heated, dress warmly. Coat, hat, gloves, and sturdy shoes are recommended.
- Pre-registration and scheduling required to participate. On arrival check in at the sign-in table to receive your name badge before participating. Read the Take Down Day Guidelines before participating.
- Read CSBL Ladders Scaffolding Safety.
- Read Safety Procedures for CSBL Fork Lift Scissor Lift Safety.
- View the Ladder Safety video.
- View the Fire Extinguisher Training Video
Contact us if you have any questions about volunteering!