When: December (See Calendar)
Time: When Display is Open
Greeters are an important part of the Storybook Land experience. A head greeter who is a board member will train and work along with greeters. Being a greeter is a fun and a worthwhile way to celebrate the Christmas season each year! Click here to see our Greeters gallery.
- Greeters welcome visitors at entrance
- Greeters count and record the number of visitors
- Greeters accept, count, and box food items which are donated to Fish for distribution to needy families in the local area.
- Greeters are stationed in several locations throughout the venue to greet and assist visitors and safeguard the scenes.
- Greeters operate the Grinch behind the scenes
- Greeters are responsible for the safety of visitors including operation of a fire extinguisher, location of rest rooms and fire exits, and reporting of any injury.
A minimum of 12 greeters are needed for each shift at Storybook Land. As there are 36 shifts during the 2-week season, a minimum of 432 greeters are needed. See Event Calendar for dates. A shift lasts only 2-3 hours.
- Monday-Thursday nights shifts are 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Friday shifts: 2:00-4:30 pm, 4:30-6:30 pm, and 6:30-8:30 pm
- Weekend shifts are as follows:
- Shift 1: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Shift 2: 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Shift 3: 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Shift 4: 6:00 to 8:30 pm
Be sure to dress warmly as the building is not heated.
- Pre-registration and scheduling required to participate. On arrival check in at the sign-in table to receive your name badge before participating.
- Read the Volunteer Guidelines before participating.
- View the Fire Extinguisher Training Video
Contact us if you have any questions about volunteering!