Elves & Costumed Characters
When: December (see Calendar)
Time: When Display is Open
Youth 13 to 17 and adults are invited to volunteer as roaming elves or costume characters at all shifts. Elves will walk around and mingle with the crowd so it important that they are welcoming, friendly, and speak and act appropriately at all times.
High School students are encouraged–Community Service Validation Forms are available. A Release for Participation signed by a parent/guardian is required for all minors (under 18). Elves work under the direction of an adult Head Greeter.
All costumes are provided and shifts are 2 ½ to 3 hours. Elves are needed week nights from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Weekend shifts are as follows:
- Shift 1: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Shift 2: 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Shift 3: 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Shift 4: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
An orientation for all Elves/Costume Characters will be held at the Volunteer Open House in October (see calendar for date and location) to acquaint you with all the procedures and answer questions so the experience will be fun for all. Click here to view Elves gallery.
- Pre-registration and scheduling required to participate. On arrival check in at the sign-in table before participating.
- Parent Release form Required to participate for youths 13-17 years old.
- Adults (those 18 or over) must submit a Criminal Background Check Application. May take up to 3 weeks for processing.
- View the Ladder Safety video.
- View the Fire Extinguisher Training Video
Contact us if you have any questions about volunteering!